Saturday, February 7, 2009

Oh where, oh where has my gallbladder gone? Oh where, oh where could it be....

For those of you who didn't hear, I (this is Stefanie) had my gallbladder removed a week ago today. I have been having gallstone attacks for about 18 months. They usually come in the middle of the night and I will be in intense pain for several hours. The attacks have come and gone for a period of several months, but recently have been worse. I had a serious gallstone attack a couple of weekends ago, and another that following Monday. So I went to Instacare that Monday to find out what the problem was. They did an ultrasound on my gallbladder and found that I had several stones. Then they scheduled me for surgery the next day.

A week has gone by and I am doing great. I still have pain, but it is so much better than last week. I had a follow-up appointment on Monday and the doctor said I am healing well.

The hard part is that I haven't been able to lift anything, including Sammi, for a week and won't be able to for another week. So that meant double duty for Kyle. He has been great, though, and has not complained at all. He has definitely turned into Mr. Mom by changing all of her diapers, feeding her, bathing her, and putting her to bed each night. I have also had major help from his mom. I don't think I could have gone through this without either of them. She has helped in getting Sammi up everyday and taking care of her while Kyle is at work.

Hopefully by next week, things will be back to normal and I will be a full-time mom again.

3 comments:

Daisy said...

Hey Stef, I had no idea, but am glad you are doing well. Good luck this last week. It's hard not to pick up your baby, huh? Marcela is almost 3 and I still like to pick her up and hold her. That's going to be an adjustment when I have a newborn in my arms all the time again.

Montana Brandts said...

So, I felt like a complete idiot when I called to see if Sammi and you could come play and Kayle said you were putting your hospital gown on!! I am so sorry! I am so glad that everything is going better though... and when you are finished healing up we will have to get together to play!! It has been forever and we miss you guys! Infact we were talking about you guys at playgroup the other day... saying how much we missed you all and wished you would move ack to our ward! You guys are truely loved, and in everyones prayers!!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry! That completely stinks. Though I am sure by now, you are completely healed and back to normal. We should be friends again (this is Sarah Murray by the way).